Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Healthcover.ca offers access to the Manulife Critical Illness plan
Critical Illness insurance is a relatively new form of insurance protection that provides money while you are still alive after suffering a named critical illness or specific injury. Most Critical Illness coverage has flexibility if you become critically ill because there are no requirements for how you spend the lump-sum of money that you receive. Also, you won’t have to get approval from the insurer for expenditures and you don’t have to provide any receipts
Critical Illness insurance plans can provide you with a lump-sum payment to be used however you see fit. If you want to try alternative therapies, you want to be treated outside of the country, obtain private medical care, you want to hire someone to take care of you, you want to hire a nanny to take care of your children. As you can see, you choose how to spend your critical illness benefits.
Manulife Lifecheque Plan
• Clients can choose from $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 coverage.
• The $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 benefit is paid directly to the client, to spend however they wish – such as paying medical expenses, retrofit their home, alleviate debt, or travel.
• Applying is easy – no medical questionnaire is required. A declaration of good health is all that is needed.
• Premiums are based on your age, gender and smoking status. The younger you are, the lower the premiums can be. Non-smokers enjoy premium savings with rates up to 50% lower than those for smokers.
Eligibility for Manulife Lifecheque Critical Illness Plan We Offer Online:
- To be eligible to apply for Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness, you must be between 18 and 65 years of age and a Canadian resident.
- To be eligible to apply for Return of Premium Option, you must be between 18 and 55 years of age and a Canadian resident.
- Smoking Status: A non-smoker is defined as a person who has not used any tobacco, nicotine substitutes, tobacco cessation products or marijuana within the last 12 months.
- Premiums are subject to change without notice.